- 1 Tsp olive oil
- 1/2 med onion
- 1 Tbsp garlic paste
- 1 can artichoke hearts
- 1 can diced tomato and garlic
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- Balsamic vinegar (splash, not measured).
- Basil, Salt, Black Pepper, Pinch of Garam Masala
- Saute or sauce pan capable of holding the above ingredients.
- Measuring devices to get close on the above
- Something to heat stuff on.
- Something to stir with.
- Chop the onion in to 1/4 - 1/2 in sizes (4 pieces cut radially along the half work for this)
- Open cans, drain artichokes.
- Turn stove to medium high heat.
- Add the vinegar, onions and oil
- Stir them around until they start to turn brown.
- Add salt, basil, black pepper, garam masala, garlic paste and artichokes.
- Stir for about 2-3 minutes until the spices become fragrant.
- Add the tomato products (half of the paste, all the diced, and sauce).
- Lower the heat and simmer until the sauce begins to tighten up. (Took about 50-60 min)
- Add remaining paste and stir until it is mixed in.
Well balanced and worked well on fettuccine. ~8 servings.