Radio Monitoring Logs

Purpose:
Create a unified log for monitoring and passing traffic with an eye towards emergency communications.

Slammin' POG Rock Mixtape

A tribute to classic toys of the late 80s and early 90s that is designed to also confuse prog rock fans.

Kinis are for Weenies
Bop-it or Top It
Clip Yo' Hit!
Where did all the Orbitz go?
Soaked! by Larami
Chia Some Bunny
Raisin on the Cali-side
My Genesis is better than Super!(aka I ain't madden, I talk sports)
My Toons is Tiny

Skip It

The Value of Unmaking

I started a dishcloth a couple of weeks ago. A couple of spots on it looked funky and I was half tempted to just pull the entire thing apart (knitters call this frogging--rip it, rip it) and start over. This is my default outlook. I hosed up and the world is going to implode, let's just chuck it and start over. Fortunately, I was able to stall this initial reaction by looking at this as an engineering problem. The results were not what I desired and I had no idea what I did to get to this point. I start to thinking, what can I do to try and avoid this next time. So, I started working backwards.

Simple Red Sauce

Simple veggie based red sauce. Goes well with straight pasta (spaghetti, fettuccine)

Strat Log

Ongoing project modifying a MexiStrat to play as I expect. Up to this this point I have:

Oatmeal Trial 1

Tools:
  • Stove
  • Scale
  • 1.5 Quart Pan
  • Spoon 
  • Bowl

Materials:
  • Steel Cut Oats - 60 g
  • Coconut Oil - 10 g
  • Water - 560 g
  • Sorghum Syrup - 30 g
  • Salt 

  1. Put the oil and oats into the pan and place over medium high heat.
  2. Stir continuously until the oats smell toasty and you hear them starting to pop.
  3. Add water and salt.
  4. Bring to a rolling boil.
  5. Lower heat to maintain the boil.
  6. Cook for 35 minutes.
  7. Pour into bowl and add sorghum.
  8. Let stand to cool
Observations:

A little too thin, likely cut water to 450 g.
Letting it sit tightened up the slurry a bit.
Filling and tasty. 


Doin' the Dishes

Over the weekend I started thinking about what I could do to make shorter projects and stumbled across dishcloths.

Materials:
Cotton or Linen (Yarn/String/Twine)

Tools:
Knitting Needles

Abbreviations:
K - Knit
K2TOG - Knit 2 Together
ST(S) - Stich(es)
YO - Yarn Over

I made the pattern detailed here. But any combination of stitches should work. 
Pattern (on the bias)
  • Cast on 4 (used the knit-on method)
  • K 4
  • Increase until desired diagonal achieved (45-65 sts):
    • K 2
    • YO (increases each time by 1 st)
    • K to the end of row
  • Decrease until 4 sts remain.
    • K 1
    • K2TOG (decreases each time by 1 st)
    • YO (preserves pattern)
    • K2TOG (removes the added st from the YO)
    • K to end of row
Observations:
Knitted this with butcher's twine. 
  • This was very difficult to work with and tended to split. 
  • Next time will try to loosen my tension a little and see if things flow more smoothly.
  • Like the texture of the twine on the finished product.
Dropped 1 stitch, will need to sew this back in.