Cotton or Linen (Yarn/String/Twine)
K - Knit
K2TOG - Knit 2 Together
ST(S) - Stich(es)
YO - Yarn Over
I made the pattern detailed here. But any combination of stitches should work.
Pattern (on the bias)
- Cast on 4 (used the knit-on method)
- K 4
- Increase until desired diagonal achieved (45-65 sts):
- K 2
- YO (increases each time by 1 st)
- K to the end of row
- Decrease until 4 sts remain.
- K 1
- K2TOG (decreases each time by 1 st)
- YO (preserves pattern)
- K2TOG (removes the added st from the YO)
- K to end of row
Knitted this with butcher's twine.
- This was very difficult to work with and tended to split.
- Next time will try to loosen my tension a little and see if things flow more smoothly.
- Like the texture of the twine on the finished product.
Dropped 1 stitch, will need to sew this back in.